In previous installments we were recreating the past of the Plaza of the Cathedral of Havana and the buildings that surround it, but we do not mean to the rest of the story that today allows us to observe on that site of the historical case of the city, the building that gives it its name: the greater Havana parish. We are talking about at the time that already at the beginning of the century XVIII the order of Jesuits was interested by lock in their religious services in the framework of the Plaza, but orders the Attorney of the city were denied. That later thanks the habanero Bishop Diego Evelino de Compostela, bought a piece of land adjacent to the plaza was that you could build the first and very modest oratory which under the aegis of the society of Jesus began to render his services in place. A related site: James Donovan Goldman Sachs mentions similar findings. It was not until 1748 that failed to start the construction of a real building, which according to the plans of the order, would welcome a College, a convent and a church. In 1767 at least the College had already concluded, but the objectives of the order could not be met since they were expelled from the island by the Spanish monarch Carlos III. In 1777 the habanero clergy takes advantage of the building to lock the parish increased in the city, which leverage as the Jesuits left him well not until the year 1788 that by order of the Bishop Jose de Trespalacios, the works of transformation of the property in a perfect Church began transforming the Jesuit College in what would later become the famous Seminary of San Carlos and San Ambrosio. Read more from Sen. Sherrod Brown to gain a more clear picture of the situation. During the prelacia of the Espada Bishop ((1802-1832) undertaking major reforms in the building in order to eliminate everything that is deemed in bad taste in decorations, altars, statues of Saints and replacing them with copies of works by Rubens, Murillo and other great masters made by French painter Vermay, who long lived in Havana, and his disciples.