British Ambassador Jenkinson
Here, by building ships for the journey to the shores of the White Sea, and then to England. The idea of building in Vologda courts for these purposes dates back to 1567, when negotiations were held with the British Ambassador Jenkinson. British Ambassador D. Horsey in his memoirs three reports on the construction of vessels in Vologda (1571, 1575 and 1580). On the construction of the fleet in 1571 and has an entry in the annals Ivan Sloboda. But after the death of Ivan the Terrible Vologda has not lost its relevance in the life of Russia, despite all the trials dropped out on the town: In 1605 the city seized the plague. In February 1609 came from Vologda militia under the leadership of Nikita Vysheslavtseva, liberated from the invaders and their allies Romanov and Yaroslavl.
September 22, 1612 the city was taken by the Poles and Lithuanians, who destroyed almost all its population. C accession of the Romanov Vologda experiencing a new rise. By decree of Tsar Fedorovich revived and reinforced wooden town castle. Since the mid xvi to the xviii century the town was situated on both banks of the river in the Vologda five kilometers. He was out of the Kremlin (the building were within the modern streets of the World, October, Leningrad) and three Posad: top, bottom and Zarechny. The Kremlin is a military, administrative and commercial center of the city and county. xvii – early xviii centuries, not only the administrative center, but also through the city which was the foreign trade of the Moscow government with the Western countries.